You’ve said yes! A ring sparkles in your finger and you are enjoying the first few moments of your engagement. Congratulations! Now get ready for a lot of work. Yes, a lot. Because now you will be planning for the most important day in your life, your wedding, and one of the most important things in the entire wedding planning is hiring the best photographer. It does take precedence at times, because professional photographers are normally booked at the very least, months in advance.
1. Ask for referrals from family, friends and wedding vendors. The reputation of the wedding photographer is its calling card. Get referrals from friends and colleagues. Look over their wedding albums as well to see the skills of the photographer. Inquire from professionals working on your wedding preparation. The caterer, florist, band or even the limousine driver would have inside knowledge on good photographers.
2. Check out your short list. Professional wedding photographers have different styles in creating wedding memories. Check out the websites of wedding photographers in Cardiff for their wedding portfolio so that you can see if any of the styles they go for coincides with what you want.
3. Give them a call. There is a saying that “first impression lasts.” As you go about eliminating photographers from your list, give them a call. See how friendly they are and if they are willing to discuss pricing over the phone and how accommodating they are while talking with you.
4. Take time out for a personal visit. After talking with the photographer on the phone, it is time to visit the wedding photographer in Cardiff. How does the office look to you? Is their location a good address or is their office readily accessible. Is their office space visually appealing? How did they greet you? Did they offer refreshment? Is the office orderly and neat? These are small details that give you a general idea of how they will handle bigger details. If they are meticulous about the smaller details, you can be assured that they will do the same with the larger ones.
5. Check out their wedding album selections. Be sure to go there with the style that you want in mind. Ask if they do all the work in-house and pay particular attention to the composition, color, exposure and clarity of the photos.
See if they have sample videos and if they also do in-house editing of their videos. It is okay to get another company for the video shoot but if the wedding photographer has the facilities and staff to do it, it will take a lot off your mind and you may also be able to reduce the total cost.
Be sure that you have a budget in mind before you make an appointment with a wedding photographer in Cardiff. While packages can give you some savings, it is still important that you think of what will be the most essential inclusions in a wedding photo package for you. Before you sign the contract be sure to ask a lot of questions and that you are satisfied with their answers. And although it is tedious, it pays to read the fine print, so you know what you are actually paying for.