It is no secret that Sydney is home to some of the best beaches in the world. Here, we’ve listed our top pick of the cities most pristine beaches you won’t want to miss. So once you’ve booked your accommodation and are all set for your trip to Sydney, try to fit a visit to each of these locations in. You won’t be disappointed.
- Coogee Beach- Coogee Beach is definitely one of the best beaches in Sydney for a few reasons. It’s got beautiful park lands and BBQ areas just before the sand, so you can make a great day of it. It’s good for surfing and swimming. If your not too keen on waves, especially if you have little ones, they have a large ocean pool. Some of the rock formations around the cliffs surrounding the beach are beautiful and great for exploring.
- Palm Beach-This is a beach that will rival anything you can see in California. It’s white sand and clear waters make it a luxury getaway destination and a place for spotting celebrities. The north end is best for surfing, but if you are wanting to enjoy a nice peaceful swim, you’re best to check out the south end.
- Whale Beach- Once you’ve driven down the winding forest road you will be hit by the beautiful view of Whale Beach. Because it is a bit more of a secluded beach, it is best to drive there as public transport to the area can be quite difficult. A favourite location for many couples to tie the knot, the beach is small compared to other well-known Sydney beaches, but is still patrolled by lifeguards.
- Manly Beach-Manly is one of Sydney’s most well known beaches and it’s not hard to find out why when you arrive at Manly by ferry from Circular Quay. It’s a long beach with plenty of room, yet can still get crowded when it’s a great day for the beach. Just beyond the promenade are many great luxury hotels, restaurants and bars which make a great vantage point to view the sun setting over the water during Summer.
- Maroubra Beach- Maroubra is a well-known surf beach and a breeding ground for some of Australia’s best pro surfers. It can get rough at times for those wanting a leisurely swim, but there is a large rock pool which is great for wading in at the south end. Go further up the north end and you will reach Mahon Pool. A great ocean pool which is frequented by locals and tourists alike. The area behind the pool looks over the entire area and makes the ideal location for picnic.
Sydney is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I hope our pick of some of the very best has given you some ideas on places to see and visit the next time you take a trip to Sydney.
iPhone Development – All That Needs To Be Known About iPhone Application Development?